This is it. The tenth day. I am not going to lie, after these 10 days, I have a new found respect for full time bloggers! It's not easy work y'all (hence the lame post I made on Thursday night - LOL). BUT, I have to admit I might be hooked! Each and every time I get a comment, a text, an email, or an in person compliment my heart swells! It is beyond honoring to know people take the time to read my randomness and for them to say such sweet things is the icing on the cake. So, you may not hear from me for a few days but don't worry I'll be back!
Yesterday was THE biggest day here on The Le Rae Life blog. SO much traffic (it's alot to us). Poor KC had to listen to my constant updates last night about how many people had visited the site and of course I had to read him every compliment I got. And because he is somewhat of a genius, he listened. This morning I was making my coffee and my mind wondered off to "what if-ville" - DANGEROUS (devil) territory. I began to think "what if this becomes crazy popular and I run out of stuff to say". "What if people get bored, what if people think I'm dumb, what if people are laughing at me, what if I get lazy, what if, what if, what if?" Do you notice a pattern? (Watch out I'm about to get churchy) But it makes sense! Satan would love for me to get caught up in all kinds of worry and doubt. This mindset would stifle me. He preys on insecurities and I can assure you he is not a fan of this blog. But, thanks to my heavenly father I was quickly brought back to a Kingdom reality. The reality that my creativeness, my ideas, my big fat dreams are not my own. They don't originate from me but from HIM and if I already know He will supply all my needs why would I even visit "what if-ville". It reminds me a little of 2 Corinthians 10:5b, "and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ." (NIV). Worry is not obedient to Christ. I have been doing too much of this lately so I am preaching to myself. I didn't sit down to this laptop with the intent to even share this, it just kind of happened.
Ok, ok back to the giveaway and things "I LOVE". When I started planning this series, I made a long list of my favorite things, my "must haves". There is A LOT! But not all of them had a story. So, I decided I would blog about all of the bigger items that had meaning one day at a time. On the last day, I would list the remaining things adding 10 gifts that represent each one.
- I have realized throughout this series I evidently love the word "love". My goodness I use it all the time. I am starting to get on my own nerves! LOL! (A dozen heart shaped cookies - not pictured. They've got to be fresh!)
- A great cup of coffee - I am not a coffee snob and out of convenience I am perfectly ok with instant. I know some of your jaws just hit your keyboard but it's true. I grew up drinking instant coffee. That's what Maw Maw and Paw Paw drank and as a little kid so did I. My perfect cup of coffee - 1 scoop coffee, 2 scoops Stevia, 2 scoops creamer. Enjoying this as we speak! (A giant white mug with Starbucks coffee. I knew instant wouldn't go over well with most folks and it was purple and silver!)
- Making a list - This could be classified as an obsession. I gleam when someone says "ok we need to make a list". (Cute little notepads)
- A little bling - When Whitlee and I were working on the Le Rae Events new branding, she sold me on her business card ideas with one thing.....metallic painted edges. I'm a sucker for some bling. (Sparkly notebook)
- Moscato d' Asti - I had always wanted to enjoy a glass of wine with dinner, but never could find one I could tolerate much less enjoy. One night KC and I had a hot date at Casa Napoli, a yummy italian restaurant in Wetumpka, Alabama. The server asked if I would like a glass of wine, to which I said "I would but there's nothing I like". In a few minutes, she was back with 3 glasses and 3 bottles. One of them was Luccio Moscato d' Asti. I fell in LOVE. (A burlap wine bag with the remaining silver plated bar tool set)
- All things APPLE - This is more of an addiction rather than something I simply love. I have an IPhone, IPad, and my techno BFF - a MacBook. You probably will not find me without at least one of these. ($15 Itunes gift card)
- Chapstick - Just like you won't find me without an Apple product, you won't find me without chapstick!!!! (Burt's Bees)
- Hair Playing - You already know I love to be pampered, but I wanted to stress how crazy I am for someone to play with my hair. When Reed was a baby, I would look down at him while he nursed. My long hair would inevitably fall around his face. I was beyond thrilled when he started reaching up with those little fingers and playing with my hair. It then became something he needed to do to go to sleep. I didn't complain. ;) (Fabulous Aussie 3 Minute Miracle conditioner)
- Mexican Food - And I don't mean authentic! I realize I would sound much cooler if I said I loved authentic fresh mexican food. But that's not the case! It is the "americanized" version I can't get enough of! (World Market salsa)
- Weddings/Entertaining - DUH! This is kind of obvious! (Alabama Weddings magazine. The cover was lavender - I had to!)
There are many other ways for you to get your name in the hat a few extra times. You can find these below several of my earlier posts! All of these are still valid until 10:10 tonight! So, get to subscribing, Instagramming, and commenting! GOOD LUCK!